Who we are
Form of employment: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
OnSite with Client in: London (Remote until further notice)
About us www.aubay.co.uk Ahead of Innovation!
AubayUK are a part of Aubay Group, based at Level39 www.level39.co Europe’s foremost FinTech hub in Canary Wharf London. We are recognised as an InSourcing Partner for our client-side deployment – delivered across London. Our clients are globally recognized as Super Majors/ Financial Services and Innovative FinTech players. You will be working remotely initially and thereafter onsite at one End-Client.
Aubay Group www.aubay.com are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6200 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €435 million in 2019. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
- The focus of the Programme Delivery Lead (PDL) is to plan, control and oversee execution of a portfolio of related/dependent projects to meet business needs and deliver business value.
- The PDL will work with an Enterprise Resource Management functional and Product/Project Managers to acquire the necessary resources and skills to execute projects within agreed parameters of cost, timescales and quality and to drive a disciplined culture of project delivery for the accountable IT Manager.
- This position will lead large programmes of very high complexity and risk that have far-reaching business impact, and has the following accountabilities:
- Accountable for ensuring the end-to-end setup, definition, integration and deployment of all projects and opportunities within their portfolio utilising delivery methodologies ranging from standard waterfall to Trading’s agile methodology. (Projects range from small <$200k to $10m)
- Provide project delivery functional excellence in all aspects including, project plans/schedule, estimate, cost control, risk management, change control, controls, delivery lifecycle, stakeholder management, transition to operations/support, deployment, and close-out.
- Monitors and controls team performance against plans and provides feedback to ensure issues and risks are addressed in a timely manner.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations/decisions on technical options as appropriate, actively contributing to the organization’s technical strategies.
- Provides financial assurance maintaining effective financial and project progress forecasting, and reports as appropriate. Monitors and controls project budgets within their portfolio.
- Provides direction and coaching to project team members, advising resource managers (project staff line managers) on the development, training and appraisal issues for individual project staff.
- Works with the IT Manager, IT Advisors & Portfolio Managers to assess demand; defining, reviewing and recommending the delivery approach, estimates and schedule for any new project.
- Drives delivery through others, engaging and influencing other managers within the IT functions and within the business to enable project delivery success.
- Create and validate financial forecasts and investment proposals and provide ongoing reconciliation of resources and expenditures. Use creative costing and business models to capitalize on greater leverage power.
- Partner with business stakeholders to validate the programme’s strategic business case, define success metrics and criteria, and to identify, measure, and sustain planned vs. achieved benefits.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to identify and address the major factors, assumptions and risks (including technical, business, adoption, organizational, government, cultural, etc.) that may influence project/programme direction and success.
- Prioritize and adjust resources, activities, and schedules across projects and programmes to balance risk and effort between strategic business change and ongoing operations and optimize resource allocation.
- Champion the development of long-term Programme Management capability through bringing external perspectives, identifying and promoting best practices, coaching others on advanced skills, and contributing to community building.
- Typical Experience: 8+ years in IT with 5+ years of IT Project Management experience
- Special Challenges:
- Quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders. Resolve conflict and deliver tough messages with grace.
- Execute and drive decisions despite limited information.
- Motivate and advocate for the team while removing barriers so that the team can complete its objectives while managing pressure.
- Work virtually in a diverse global organization and with major outsourced suppliers of infrastructure and application services.
- Tailor stakeholder communications material and level of detail to the audience.
- Remain focused and productive under pressure and recover quickly from setbacks.
- Balance execution efficiency with risk mitigation, value delivery, cost, and quality.
- Understand and apply the terminology, metrics, and calculations relevant to business-specific measures and KPIs, such as return on investment (ROI), stakeholder value, benefits realization and capability improvement.
- Able to manage several smaller projects at once.
- Understand and be able to articulate the business strategic objectives and how the programme supports them.
Skills & Requirements :
- A 4-year degree in IT or a related field. MBA or Master’s in information technology is beneficial.
- Programme management experience.
- Professional certifications related to project or programme management (e.g. PMP, MSP, PgMP).
- Demonstrated learning agility in ambiguous and unfamiliar situations
- Very strong stakeholder management skills, including coaching senior stakeholders, managing governance bodies, and creating executive-level communications
- Advanced skills in business cases, financial management, and strategic thinking.
- Proven track record experience delivering projects of $3m+ that can demonstrate significant complexity in their delivery.
- Has strong planning, communication and presentation skills. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and is highly experienced in communicating, negotiating and influencing stakeholders.
- Has sound understanding of the costs of IT (project and “lifetime”) and the ability to cost operational IT services.
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable and stays calm under pressure
- Ideal candidate would come from an Energy/Commodity Trading/Operations IT background and therefore have a sound understanding of the processes and systems supporting an integrated energy trading and marketing organisation.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialities: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work directly for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis