Who we are
Form of employment: permanent
Start date: immediate
OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 1)
About us/AUBAY Group www.aubay.com Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6500 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €417 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay were recognised as #30 Best High-Tech Employer in 2019 in France (capital awards Google #1)
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
The Product Manager is the IT Lead responsible for managing an individual IT Product, working closely with the Product Owner in the business throughout the product lifecycle. Products are the actual capabilities that drive business outcomes. Product types can be applications, services, data capabilities, etc. While a Product may serve multiple Product Lines, a product should be tied to one product line, preferably the one in which the product capability is most intensely used. Alternatively, the product can be seen, as a platform in its own right, provided there is sufficient scale to justify this.
Responsibilities of the Product Manager include co-creating of the product vision, executing discovery and customer research, ensure delivery of the Product roadmap with the IT delivery organisation. The Product Manager will have full to manage relevant stakeholders, budget, resources, technology roadmap, strategic dependencies, execution, maintenance of the product and business alignment.
Responsibility & Accountability:
- Partnering with the Product Owner to co-create product vision, roadmap, scope and prioritize product backlog, customer needs, research, maturity of product, dependencies etc.
- Own full product lifecycle including product discovery, agile delivery and operations
- Serve as a thought leader to the Product Owner on the art of the possible and establishing / maintaining product roadmap, applying design thinking, Agile delivery and dev ops where relevant
- Relentless prioritization to maintain focus on value, whilst ensure secure, reliable and efficient operations for the product, aligned with product roadmap objectives
- Manage the Product through the investment cycle driven by value generating KPIs
- Proactively manage the formation and progression of the cross-functional Product team
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful Product team outcomes
- Collaborate and work with Vendors and Suppliers for the delivery of goals
- E2E responsible for the IT Product, act as escalation point for operational, and delivery issues
- Ensure IT Product budget well managed and only released through agreed government
- Coordinates with Product Owner, CDOs, and IT architects to align Product and other architectures
- Maintain an Information & Data strategy for the Product working closely with relevant CDO
- Participate in IT Product strategy to bring the view of technology implications
- Lead/be active member in relevant IT governance bodies and Natural Working Teams
- Oversees Product and guides continuous improvement efforts to support business outcomes
- Manages supplier relationships related to the Product and inputs into the Product Roadmap
- Drives “Market Standard Unless” and “Digital” strategies for the Product, incl. external lens
- Work with Product vendor to understand new functionality/changes on the vendor’s roadmap
- Progress Product opportunities, seeking the right resources needed to deliver the roadmap
- Ensure innovations and digitalisation opportunities part of the Product Roadmap where relevant
- Ensure IRM risks, BIA and controls in place for the Product
Seniority of Product Owner EC-4
Product Investment IT Budget >5M
Line of Business (es) Multiple LOB Use Products
Change Management Medium
Skills & Requirements:
- Strong IT management, business partnering, forming relationships, stakeholder management, analysis and problem-solving skills, good communication and leadership skills
- Proven track record of managing Product development through entire lifecycle, with preference of design thinking, agile delivery and dev ops experiences
- Strong focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Demonstrated skill running effective meetings and getting buy-in and participation from executive leaders
- Facilitate governance, portfolio reviews, and other Delivery related meetings
About the Client-side deployment:
- Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
- Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis