Who we are
Form of employment: permanent
Start date: immediate
OnSite with Client in: London, UK (Zone 1)
About us/AUBAY Group www.aubay.com Ahead of Innovation!
Aubay Group are an international Digital Services Company operating for 21 years in the European market and working alongside some of the biggest names in the Banking, Finance, Insurance, Energy, IT/Digital, Manufacturing, Transport and Telecoms sectors. With over 6500 Employees across 7 countries and within 16 offices in England/France/Belgium/Luxembourg/Italy/Spain and Portugal, Aubay generated revenues of €417 million in 2018. We are listed on a Euronext Stock Exchange.
Aubay were recognised as #30 Best High-Tech Employer in 2019 in France (capital awards Google #1)
AubayUK are also based at Europe’s foremost Fintech hub called Level39 www.level39.co at One Canada Square in London/Canary Wharf, E14 5AB and our Client-side demand is in London/Geneva/Paris/Singapore and Houston. Our Clients are globally recognised as Super Majors Financial Services and innovative FinTech. You will be working onsite at one End-Client. You will have the opportunity to work direct for the client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis.
What we are looking for:
There are certain qualities and 10 character traits we seek in our people and these are aligned with our company values.
- Commitment… doing what it takes for lasting results.
- Together… combining our expertise to create smarter solutions.
- Driven… personally aiming high and wanting better.
- Smart… being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate… about what you do for the company
- Attitude… positive at all times, we are in customer service
- Aptitude… think outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation… striving to be better than before
- Trust… your colleagues and manager will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity… thinking of others and striving for excellence
As the Product Manager for Analytics, you will be accountable for ensuring realising the business vision of data-driven market analysis and operations. You will:
- Help define the business vision in terms of product KPIs, driving delivery towards optimising these KPIs, and take accountability for the commercial and technical performance of the product as measured through these KPIs.
- Manage relevant stakeholders, budget, resources, technology roadmap, strategic dependencies, execution, and maintenance of the product and business alignment. All this will be done in close working relationship with the IT Manager and the Product Line Manager.
- Ensure that business value is delivered each increment by working closely with the Product Owner to generate the Product Vision, roadmap, and strategy
- Work closely with a Technical Lead to direct delivery of the product, taking ultimate accountability for ensuring that the product is fit for purpose and functionally sound (“right features at the right time”), applying agile delivery practices
- Proactively manage the formation, evolution and succession planning of the cross-functional product team.
- Build a strong culture of collaboration with the Product Owner, to ensure effective prioritisation and investment allocation.
- Ensure the product forms a valuable part of the wider environment by ensuring alignment with the wider SLMT programme, IT Strategy, Enterprise IT standards and the IT Management and the rest of the Natural Team.
- Close monitoring of all delivery aspects (Budget/Resources/Stakeholders/Governance) associated to the development and operation of the product. Maintain product investment and delivery hygiene (cost and resource management)
Dimensions of the role:
- Typical Experience: 8+ years in IT with 5+ years of IT Project Delivery
- Typical Product Team Size: 10-20 FTE
- Typical Job Grade of Supervisor/Manager
Agile and Lean practices
Must have 5+ years’ experience as an agile practitioner across multiple methodologies (scrum, Kanban, XD) and with at least one scaling framework. Able to identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use. Able to recognise when something does not work and encourages a mind-set of experimentation. Can adapt and reflect, is resilient and has the ability to see outside of the process. Able to use a blended approach depending on the context. Able to measure and evaluate outcomes. Able to help teams to manage and visualise outcomes.
Communicating between the technical and non-technical
Able to listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders and interpret them. Able to manage stakeholders’ expectations and be flexible, is capable of proactive and reactive communication. Facilitates difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders.
Maintaining delivery momentum
Able to facilitate the delivery flow of a team, managing the pace and tempo. Able to actively address internal and external risks, issues and dependencies including where ownership exists outside the team.
Making the process work
Able to identify and challenge organisational processes of increasing complexity and those processes that are unnecessarily complicated. Able to add value and can coach the organisation to inspect and adapt processes. Guides teams through the implementation of a new process.
Understands the environment and is able to prioritise the most important or highest value tasks. Able to use data to inform planning. Able to manage complex internal and external dependencies. Able to provide delivery confidence. Able to remove blockers or impediments that affect the plan and is able to develop a plan for difficult situations. Ensures teams plan appropriately for their own capacity.
Team dynamics and collaboration
Able to bring people together to form a motivated team. Able to empower delivery teams. Able to help create the right environment for a team to work in. Recognises and deals with issues. Able to facilitate the best team makeup depending on the situation.
About the Client-side deployment:
Our Client, a Super Major, is a Global Energy Company. Around 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries working together to power progress through more and cleaner energy solutions.
Specialties: Upstream/ Downstream, Bio-Fuels, Integrated Gas, New Energies, Chemicals, Energy, and Trading.
Becoming one of us:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Udemy Training Platform
- All Public Holidays are not required to work
- Free fruit/ hot & soft drinks/ cookies/ candy (If onsite at Level39)
- You’ll become a community member of Level39 giving you an access and insight to network amongst peers and learn more about tech trends and events like Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/ Crypto/ Digital Banking/ Cyber/ Robotic Process Automation/ Internet of Things, among others
- Monthly Socials/ Summer Socials/ Winter Socials
- Time to attend conferences
- Work from home opportunities
- Discount on Wintersports holiday at aero1607.com
- Weekly/ Fortnightly and monthly catch-ups with your assigned Talent Attraction and Retention Consultant at AubayUK for open and honest feedback and support – ensuring smooth onboarding.
- The opportunity to work direct for the Client at the end of the assignment on a permanent basis